Foreign Labor Certification

When your business is unable to fill jobs with U.S. workers, the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) offers various programs to enable employers to hire foreign workers. NCWorks is here to help North Carolina businesses with that process.

Workers from other countries are essential to a wide range of industries, and their skills can make important contributions to your bottom line and to our state’s economy. But, in order to protect American workers, employers must follow procedures to obtain permission to hire foreign workers, generally through the Permanent (“PERM”) visa program or the H-2B visa program for temporary non-agricultural jobs.

However, if you're interested specifically in agricultural foreign labor, we have information elsewhere on our site.

For North Carolina businesses, the Foreign Labor Certification (FLC) process generally involves three agencies:

  • N.C. Division of Workforce Solutions (part of the NCWorks system)
  • U.S. Department of Labor (DOL)
  • U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Our professionals can help you understand the hiring regulations and requirements for listing FLC job orders, and help you with filling out the necessary forms, so that your business can succeed. The NCWorks team will also help post your jobs on


For more information about Foreign Labor Certification, contact us at:

Attn:  FLC Coordinator
N.C. Division of Workforce Solutions
N.C. Department of Commerce
4316 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-4316
Phone: (800) 562-6333