Facilitating Career Development (FCD)
Class Instructors - Lengel Vocational Services (LVS)
About The Course
Facilitating Career Development (FCD) is 120 hours of course work focused on the skills and knowledge necessary to help others plan careers and obtain meaningful work. The FCD course uses the National Career Development Association’s (NCDA) curriculum, designed to standardize the knowledge and experience of individuals working in career development.
View the FCD Booklet for complete details about this course including:
- Explanation of format and delivery
- Frequently asked questions
- Face-2-face agenda
- Certification & licensure information
- Cost, payment and registration instructions
- Benefits of attending and much more!
NOTE: It’s highly recommended you review the booklet, linked above, prior to registering for this class.
2017-2018 Available Courses
Some classes have been coordinated for targeted audiences and are not open for enrollment to the public. Please read below carefully for details.
2017 - 2018 Open Enrollment Dates (open to the public)
- September 12 and 13, 2017; Graduation December 5, 2017
- January 23 & 24, 2018; Graduation April 9
- April 10 & 11, 2018; Graduation June 21
- Fast Track – June 19 & 20, 2018; Graduation August 7
- September 11 & 12, 2018; Graduation December 6
2017-2018 Special Classes (Exclusive for NCWorks Career Center Staff ONLY)
A coupon code is required for registration in the below courses. Please contact your Center manager/supervisor for approval and access to the appropriate registration code.
2017 Class Dates (already in progress)
- Raleigh – August 9-10; Graduation December 6
- Rocky Mount – August 15-16; Graduation December 12
- Marion – August 22-23; Graduation December 14
2018 Class Dates
- Raleigh – January 25 & 26; Graduation May 8
- Kernersville – April 19 & 20; Graduation July 17
- Raleigh – August 8 & 9; Graduation October 30
- Kannapolis – August 14 & 15; Graduation November 1
Registration and Payment Information
Register Online for the Facilitating Career Development program. (see the booklet linked above for complete details and instructions.)
Cost of Course: $700; Special discounted rate of $525 for staff and partners of the NC Workforce Development (NCWorks) System. Registration fee covers tuition and student manual. Students are responsible for their own lodging and travel expenses.& Full payment is required three weeks prior to the first day of class.
*** Rate increase beginning June 2018 $750; Special discounted rate of $575 for staff and partners of the NC Workforce Development System. See the booklet linked above for more details.
Kudo's! The NCWorks Training Center would like to congratulate the 2017-2018 graduates of the CDF/FCD course. Please join us in congratulating the newest Career Development Facilitators. View the graduate recognition announcement.
Nona Stell, Training Specialist
NCWorks Training Center
4351 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, North Carolina 27699-4351