Economic Infrastructure Program
*Guidelines and Application are subject to change at the discretion of the Rural Infrastructure Authority
The Economic Infrastructure Program under the Rural Grants/Programs Section of the North Carolina Department of Commerce will provide grants to local governments to assist with infrastructure projects that will lead to the creation of new, full-time jobs.
Eligible projects include but are not limited to:
- Upgrades or repair of public drinking water or wastewater treatment plants
- Upgrades, extensions, or repair of public water or sewer lines
- Extensions of publicly owned natural gas line (with an executed Pipeline Construction, Operating and Resale Agreement
- Installation or extension of public broadband infrastructure
- Construction of publicly owned access roads not funded or owned by the NC Department of Transportation
- Construction of public rail spur improvements.
Eligible applicants are units of local government with priority given to the counties that have the 80 highest rankings under N.C.G.S.143B-437.08. The rankings can be found on the NC Department of Commerce website at http://www.nccommerce.com/research-publications/incentive-reports/county-tier-designations
Click here for applications, forms and deadlines.
Director, Rural Grant Programs
Rural Economic Development Division
NC Department of Commerce
4346 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-4346
301 North Wilmington Street
Raleigh, NC 27601