About the Workforce Development Training Center
We are an integral part of the Division of Workforce Solutions, N.C. Department of Commerce.
- We occupy a training facility with a 40-seat classroom and 24-seat computer lab with ample free parking and easy access.
- We have webinar capabilities to expand our onsite trainings and to make meetings more easily accessible for our statewide partners.
- We have six staff members: Director - Gene Scott, Training Manager - Robbin Broome, Training Specialists - Talisa Hite and Jonathan Snow, Training Coordinators - Jamaal Brodie and Nona Stell.
- Our staff works closely with an Advisory Board comprised of representatives of the workforce development system throughout the state to identify the training needs of the system and to develop training opportunities that are timely, relevant, and useful.
Our primary products and services include:
- Development and management of a comprehensive system of staff development and continuous improvement.
- The annual NC Workforce Development Partnership Conference, which is held each fall.
- Topical workshops using the services of professional trainers.
- Customized workshops and seminars specifically requested by a local Workforce Board or partner organization.
- Peer-to-peer training utilizing the talents, skills, and expertise of NC’s workforce development system.
- Centralized management of the Career Development Facilitator program and onsite courses that combine Web-based learning with the traditional classroom.
- Continual assessment of the system’s training needs through on-going surveys, review of requests, and identification of “hot topics” in the workforce development arena.