N.C. Division of Workforce Solutions
We help people find jobs and achieve their career goals, and we help employers find and retain a qualified workforce.
The Division of Workforce Solutions administers a statewide system of workforce programs that prepare North Carolina’s citizens for employment. Work within the Division is focused on the following functional areas:
1. Planning and oversight of Workforce Investment Act (WIA), Wagner-Peyser Act, and Trade Adjustment Act funding received annually by the state and from special grants.
2. Staffing and supporting the work of the NCWorks Commission.
3. Aligning our work and organizational structure with the mission and goals of the N.C. Department of Commerce.
Comprised of partner organizations including the Department of Commerce and the Community College System, our comprehensive workforce system brings together resources that individuals, employers and workforce professionals need to prosper in the global economy.
Continually striving for
- Increased employment
- Higher earnings
- Strong educational and occupational skills
- More competitive businesses.
Read about workforce success stories in NC!