The textile and apparel industries have traditionally held a fundamental role in North Carolina's economy, providing thousands of jobs and revenue for local economies. As the textile industry as evolved, our textile manufacturers have kept pace by producing high-tech innovations in the area of nonwoven textiles and engineered fabrics.
Many North Carolina textile companies are ready to export their products internationally, and simply need some additional guidance and expertise to get started. The International Trade Division of the N.C. Department of Commerce assists North Carolina companies in exporting their products internationally. Our N.C.-based business development managers work with our international offices to articulate your needs and strategies and help you complete your international sales transactions.
Programs to assist your company with exporting include:
- sponsoring trade shows in all major trading areas of the world;
- providing courses in how to export;
- informing companies about tax credits from the State of North Carolina for companies exporting from North Carolina Ports;
- assisting with letters of credit, taxes, duties and providing lists of freight forwarders and custom brokers; and
- helping companies with various other aspects of international trade.
We’re here to assist you with every step of your international investment project or an export strategy—all free of charge.
We look forward to working with you.