Biotechnology, pharmaceutical and life sciences companies are flourishing in North Carolina, and with good reason. In just 10 years, the state has invested over a billion dollars in university research and facilities, worker training, incentives and infrastructure. North Carolina consistently ranks in the top 5 states for bioscience development.
Many such companies are ready to export their products internationally, and simply need some additional guidance and expertise to get started. The International Trade Division, a unit of the Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina assists North Carolina companies in exporting their products internationally. Our N.C.-based business development managers work with our international offices to articulate your needs and strategies and help you complete your international sales transactions.
- sponsoring trade shows in all major trading areas of the world;
- providing courses in how to export;
- informing companies about tax credits from the State of North Carolina for companies exporting from North Carolina Ports;
- assisting with letters of credit, taxes, duties and providing lists of freight forwarders and custom brokers; and
- helping companies with various other aspects of international trade.
We’re here to assist you with every step of your international investment project or an export strategy—all free of charge.
We look forward to working with you.