Over 100,000 highly skilled North Carolina workers are employed in the information and communications technology industry. North Carolina offers a well-established tech presence, several tier-one research universities, access to capital and a highly educated workforce.
Many information and communications technology companies are ready to export their products internationally, and simply need some additional guidance and expertise to get started. The International Trade Division of the N.C. Department of Commerce assists North Carolina companies in exporting their products internationally. Our N.C.-based business development managers work with our international offices to articulate your needs and strategies and help you complete your international sales transactions.
Programs to assist your company with exporting include:
- sponsoring trade shows in all major trading areas of the world;
- providing courses in how to export;
- informing companies about tax credits from the State of North Carolina for companies exporting from North Carolina Ports;
- assisting with letters of credit, taxes, duties and providing lists of freight forwarders and custom brokers; and
- helping companies with various other aspects of international trade.
We’re here to assist you with every step of your international investment project or an export strategy—all free of charge.
We look forward to working with you.