North Carolina Research Parks are sites of opportunity where businesses and knowledge resources meet to promote the innovation economy.
Defined by being a nucleus of technology efforts, these locations are drivers of scientific and information technology research and product commercialization. This provides careers in the local area, and it supplies our country and world with novel solutions to our greatest threats.
Areas of focus and expertise include:
- Health & Well-Being
- Energy & the Environment
- Education Innovation
- Safety & Security
Across the state, people are working on various campuses to develop the next big thing. These sites are:
- Research Triangle Park, Durham
- Centennial Campus at North Carolina State University, Raleigh
- Charlotte Research Institute at UNC Charlotte, Charlotte
- Wake Forest Innovation Quarter at Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem
- Gateway University Research Park at UNC Greensboro and NC A&T State University, Greensboro
- NC Research Campus of NC University System, Kannapolis
- CREST Research Park at UNC Wilmington, Wilmington
- Carolina North at University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill
- WCU Millennial Initiative at Western Carolina University, Cullowhee
- Appalachian Millennial Campus at Appalachian State University, Boone
- ECU Millennial Campus at East Carolina University, Greenville
Want to visit or find a job? Find the NC Park nearest you on the map below. (Date of establishment in parenthesis)
Blue dots represent population. 1 dot = 500 people.