Green Business Fund Awardees
2011 Award Winners (Funded through American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, ARRA)
- 108 South Main Street, Warrenton, Warren County – 108 + 110 South Main Street Renovation, Total grant: $134,200.
- Builders and Manufacturers Group, Lenoir, Caldwell County – Retrofit Green Manufacturing Complex Lighting Retrofit / Energy Conservation Project, Total grant: $175,000.
- Central Park, Star, Montgomery County – STARworks Center Lighting Retrofit, Total grant: $202,625.
- Charlotte East LLC, Charlotte, Mecklenburg County –Charlotte East LLC Interior and Exterior Lighting Upgrade, Total grant $162,652.
- Clearsense Properties, Durham, Durham County – 502 Rigsbee Energy Efficiency Renovation, Total grant: $480,205.
- First Flight Venture Center, Durham, Durham County – FFVC Green Energy Improvement Plan, Total grant: $130,770.
- Foothills Wineworx, Glen Alpine, Burke County – Winery Goes Green with Solar Thermal, PV and Energy Efficient Windows, Total grant: $239,560.
- Highland Craftsmen, Spruce Pine, Mitchell County – Bark House Renewable Energy Implementation and Education Initiative, Total grant: $154,800.
- Home Performance, Inc., Moncure, Chatham County – The Chatham-Lee Small Business Energy Retrofit, Total grant: $118,365.
- Inviro Design and Consulting, Asheville, Buncombe County and Morganton, Burke County –Cool Roofs Initiative & Body Tech Retrofits, Total grant: $436,940.
- Lawrence Lumber Company, Maiden, Catawba County – Lawrence Lumber Company Energy Efficient Predryer, Total grant: $230,000.
- Mountain Heritage Expo Center, Burnsville, Yancey County – Project Green: Mountain Heritage Expo Center, Total grant: $378,020.
- Mountain Valleys Resource Conservation and Development, Marshall, Madison County – Wind for Schools Workforce Development Project, Total grant: $101,135.
- North Carolina Propane Gas Association, Raleigh, Wake County – NC Propane Gas Association Green Building Project, Total grant: $200,000.
- Signature Place, Greensboro, Guilford County – Signature Place, LLC Lighting Retrofit and Solar Installation, Total grant: 143,000.
- Sports Palace Ventures, LLC, Apex, Wake County -- Sustainability Project for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy For A Youth And Adult Sports Facility, Total grant: $146,297.
- The Blue Ridge Sustainability Institute, Asheville, Buncombe County – The Asheville Green Restaurant Initiative, Total grant: $258,140.
For more details including energy savings and projected jobs created, download the July 1, 2011 press release.