Consolidated Planning Process
The Consolidated Plan Process
The Five-Year Consolidated Action Plan outlines how the four North Carolina programs funded by HUD propose to spend the federal dollars they receive over that period. This Plan addresses needs for housing and community development across the state and sets priorities for meeting those needs. The state is currently following the 2011-2015 Consolidated Plan.
Annually, the state receives more than $60 million in federal Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) funding for housing and community development programs. The four programs participating in North Carolina are:
• The State Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program, administered by the N.C. Division of Community Assistance in the Department of Commerce
• The HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME), administered by the N.C. Housing Finance Agency
• The Emergency Shelter Grants (ESG) Program, administered by the N.C. Office of Economic Opportunity in the Department of Health and Human Services
• The Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) Program, administered by the HIV/STD Prevention and Care Branch in the Department of Health and Human Services.
The Consolidated Plan process includes the following:
• Annual Action Plans: Focusing on the state's one year goals, this describes how HUD funds will be used and allocated for programs by partners for the prescribed year. AAPs are submitted annually to HUD by November 15th.
• Annual Investment Plans
• Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER): Summarizing the state’s accomplishments for the previous year, this describes how HUD funds were used by the program partners for the prescribed year. The CAPER is submitted to HUD by March 31st of each year.
• Certificates of Consistency
Consolidated Plan Documents
Click below to view the Consolidated Plan documents in Adobe PDF format. The plans are quite large and may take a few minutes to download.
2013 CAPER Draft.pdf
2013 CAPER Notice of Public Hearing
2011-15 Consolidated Plan
State of North Carolina Analysis to Impediments to Fair Housing Choice 2011-2015
NC Citizens Participation Plan
2010 CDBG Report to Joint Legislative Commission on Governmental Operations
2012 Annual Action Plan
2011 Annual Action Plan
2010 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evalutaion Report (CAPER)
2010 Annual Action Plan
2006-2010 Consolidated Plan
2011 Annual Action Plan Substantial Amendment
2011 CDBG Report to Joint Legislative Commission on Governmental Operations
2013 Annual Action Plan Notice of Public Hearing
2013 Annual Action Plan
2011 CAPER Notice of Public Hearing
2012 CAPER Notice of Public Hearing
2014 Annual Action Plan
Draft copies of the 2013 Comprehensive Annual Performance Report (CAPER) and 2013 CAPER Public Hearing Notice are available for review online for each participating agency. For the North Carolina Housing Finance Agency, please visit www.nchfa.com or contact Ben Strickling at 919-877-5700. For the Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS Program (HOPWA), please visit http://epi.publichealth.nc.gov/cd/hiv/program.html or contact Mary Ann Chap at 919-733-9526. For the Emergency Solutions Grant Program (ESG), please visit http://www.ncdhhs.gov/aging/esbg/index.htm or contact Michael Leach at (919) 855-4991.
For more information contact Iris Payne, Programs and Compliance Section Chief at email@example.com