Main Street America™ Affiliates are programs that have demonstrated a commitment to achieving meaningful economic, social, physical, and organizational improvements in downtowns or neighborhood commercial districts. These are organizations that have committed to comprehensive revitalization and undertake ongoing efforts to achieve meaningful community outcomes.
2017 NC Small Town Main Street Affiliate Programs
Since 2003, the N.C. Main Street Center has selected new communities and there are currently 26 designated Small Town Main Street towns and cities across the state.
- 2013 - Belhaven, Hayesville, Marshville, Mayodan, Robersonville, Valdese**
- 2012 - Cherryville**, Elizabethtown**, Richlands, Saluda, Spencer*
- 2011 - Bessemer City**, Lillington, Pittsboro, Troutman, Warrenton
- 2010 - Catawba*, Highlands*, Murfreesboro*, Plymouth, Scotland Neck, Troy***
- 2009 - La Grange, Liberty*, Robbins*, Selma*, Waxhaw**, Wilkesboro
- 2008 - Benson**, Burnsville*, Granite Falls, Hamlet*, Maxton*, Roseboro
- 2007 - Angier, Badin, Burgaw*, Tryon**, West Jefferson, Windsor*
- 2006 - Ayden**, Fairmont, Mount Gilead
- 2005 - Walnut Cove
- 2004 - Spring Hope, Zebulon*
- 2003 - Chadbourn*, Mount Olive, Weldon, Williamston**
**Moved to Main Street status in 2015
***Moved to Main Street status in 2016