Looking to kick start your career or explore new options? Occupational Profiles are the source for up-to-date information on hundreds of occupations in North Carolina and provide career planners and changers with two-page summaries of specific occupations. Plain language descriptions of each career’s duties and work environment add to the usefulness of this resource.
Each profile contains information that answers these questions:
- What does a worker in this occupation do, and what’s the work environment like?
- Are my interests similar to those in this occupation, and what other careers might match my interests, abilities, and work values?
- What are the most important types of knowledge, skills, and abilities to have in this field?
- How much education does the occupation require?
- What is the salary for this job, and what kind of job growth is expected in North Carolina?
- Where can I find jobs?
- How can I find out more about this occupation?
Explore Occupational Profiles by the major occupational groups below.