- 2003 - Chadbourn*, Mount Olive, Weldon, Williamston
- 2004 - Spring Hope, Zebulon*
- 2005 - Walnut Cove
- 2006 - Ayden, Fairmont, Mount Gilead
- 2007 - Angier, Badin, Burgaw, Tryon, West Jefferson, Windsor
- 2008 - Benson, Burnsville, Granite Falls, Hamlet*, Maxton*, Roseboro
- 2009 - La Grange, Liberty, Robbins, Selma, Waxhaw, Wilkesboro
- 2010 - Catawba, Highlands, Murfreesboro*, Plymouth, Scotland Neck, Troy
- 2011 - Bessemer City, Lillington, Pittsboro, Troutman, Warrenton
- 2012 - Cherryville, Elizabethtown, Richlands, Saluda, Spencer
- 2013 - Belhaven, Hayesville, Marshville, Mayodan, Robersonville, Valdese
Click here for a printable version of the map with Small Town Main Street communities.
The Small Town Main Street program is separated into two regions - east and west. Click here for a map showing the counties included in each region.
National Trust for Historic Preservation®, Main Street® and Four-Point Approach® are registered trademarks of the National Trust for Historic Preservation.